Saturday, April 24, 2010

Uffizi

April 14th, 2010
First thing we did after our croissants and nutella was go to our reservation at Uffizzi. It was literally 2 minutes and we were inside. Worth the money there! We went upstairs where we saw lots of art. Little of which I know but it was still nice to see. I did recognize a few, such as the birth of Venus and some others painted by Leonardo de Vinci. And I also picked out my new favorite painting: Musical Angel by Giovan Battista. Look it up, it's cute. SO then we went to the train station to buy our tickets for the next day. We found a nice little plaza that we decided to go back to later, but Mamie still wanted to buy some art. We headed back to the market where I got a new cashmere scarf, and then the girls went to buy some art. We grabbed some pizza nearby and ate it on the steps of the cathedral where we stayed for a very long time just soaking up the sun. We even went back after getting gelato to eat it on the stairs.
We decided to go back to the plaza after taking our stuff back to the hotel. The girls wanted to stay at the hotel but I wasn't about to miss out on a sunny day in the grass when back in France it was cold. So we went and layed in the grass till the sun went down, then it got a little chilly, so went back to the hotel again.
There the girls took a nap and I looked at all 906 pictures that I had taken thus far on the trip. It is ridiculous but they are all so priceless! I can't wait to get them on my computer!
When the girls woke up we went back to that restaurant we ate at the first day. We had to wait 1/2 hour but the food was great. Afterwards I was the only one who was craving gelato so I got one last one. 7 gelato in 4 days. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment