Thursday, April 1, 2010

Last Weekend

Ok so quickly before I leave in 20 minutes I'm going to bust out this post so that you all can know what I did this weekend.

I was sick on Friday night so I missed the long awaited 21st birthday of our housemate Aaron Baune. I even missed dinner. But I really slept a long time that night. On Saturday I took the Train to Romain's house and where I met Mamie and Alban and later Valeria and Aurélien showed up. Romain whipped out the microphones and we all played SingStar for about 2 hours. It was so funny to watch everyone scream and complain about it at first but about 1/2 hour in everyone was singing their lungs off. I got a great video of it.

After Romain's we went to get some groceries for the big game that night. We all went to their soccer club house to watch. Marseilles vs Bordeaux. All of Romain's friends were there. It is so much fun to be with all of them even if we are just sitting around watching soccer. We made like 14 pizzas...or 6 haha. Marseilles won and when they won all the Marseilles fans ran and took a victory shower together. It was pretty hilarious.

Then Sunday I woke up early to go to Orleans with my choir. According to my cell phone it was 8:30 and I was about to walk out the door when I looked at the clock on my computer and it said 9:30. The hour had changed and I had forgotten about it. The bus left at 9:15. I immediately wrote my choir prof and told him what happened....but I knew of course he would be angry. I knew the hour changed, but it totally slipped my mind. So I called Romain and he came to get Valeria and I so we could go watch Aurélien play. He's the goalie so it was fun to watch him play. After that Alban, Romain and Auré all took us to the train station and we sat there for an hour waiting for the train, just talking and having fun. Romain's friend Ben showed up and we rode the train home with him and I talked to him for a little while. He is a really nice guy.

When we got home there was a huge dinner waiting for us because Grant's family showed up. We spoke English that night because Grant's family doesn't speak French. Crystal, a girl that studied abroad here last semester and is still here working on her own came over and brought her Accordion (I know, I know Chantel). But it was really really cool. I also filmed her doing that.

Then this week I had a whole bunch of tests. My Oral final, and a test in Ecrite. But the hardest one was my final in Spanish Translation. It was an entire article in Spanish and we had to translate it to French in 1.5. First of all, impossible. Secondly, impossible. I don't want to know my score on that one.

Anyway, I'm leaving right now for London so I hope you all have a good 2 weeks and I'll see you on the other side! Gros Bisous! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment