Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Leaning Tower of Pisa!

WE woke up early to go to the airport. We took the 7:59 train to get to our bus that took us to the airport. We were there really early but that way we didn't have to feel like we were in a hurry, and the sunrise on the train to Barcelona was beautiful!


The airplane flight was the bumpiest I've ever been on but it was fun. I feel asleep soon after but not for very long because then we were in Italy. I realized how much we had missed when we fell asleep on the plane from London though! They were selling things, walking up and down the isles, making announcements about the things they were selling over the intercom. It was incredibly annoying. Our landing was rough so when we landed everyone clapped. Val and I went to find our hotel and got settled in before going back to pick Mamie up at the airport an hour later. Our hotel was cute and it was right next to the train station. Once Mamie got there we impulsively went to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The sun was setting and we took some awesome pictures! We decided to come back the next morning before our train to Florence and go up into it. Then we went to find some food, which was of course, pasta :) and went to bed fairly early. I think seeing the Leaning Tower of Pisa that night was one of my favorite parts of my trip!

1 comment: