Monday, January 18, 2010

Cabin Fever!




The weekend was fun. Saturday was a very lazy, rainy day and none of us left the house. By about 6:00pm I was going crazy and needed to get out. Aaron needed to go to the bank and get more minutes for his cellphone so he decided to go with me. We went to a café called La Carré. It was nice to be out of the house and the town was pretty after the rain. We also went shopping for some snacks and we found that the French have made a brilliant creation. You know the little baskets at the grocery store that you can carry around? Well the French have made rolling baskets with an extendable handel that look somewhat like carry-on suitcases. To the left is a picture of Aaron posing with his basket. We also saw the most ridiculous thing in isle 4. Crustless bread. 'If you always find those little pieces of crust on your child's plate, save them the time and effort of having to remove it themselves! Buy Crustless Bread!' haha.


Sunday morning we woke up early to make pancakes for the family. Valeria got real creative and started making everyone's first initial in their pancakes. 22 in all. It took us most of the morning and we ate by 1:00 in the afternoon. By 3:00 we decided to wander around and find minutes for our go-phones. However in France everything is closed on Sunday. So instead we took lots of pictures and made a wish in the fountain by the huge library (below), but we had to be back early so Aaron could watch the Vikings game. Ha.



That night Mamie and I went out with some French friends that we made to a little café in La Place Plumereau. The cutest and most photographed part of Tours (below). One of the guys couldn't speak any English so it made us practice our French. They weren't afraid to correct anything we said wrong. I told Mamie it is probably painful to listen to us speak their language.



Then today was again another lazy day. We went to get our minutes for our phones and we went to a restaurant called the Deli where I got the best burger I think I've ever had. Then we came home and have been cooped up in this house for hours and I can't believe I'm saying this but...I can't WAIT till I start classes tomorrow. However mine are still not completely set. I'm going to try 3 different classes and see which one is the right level for me. But to not be stuck in this house with 6 other American students will be fantastic. We all love each other very much but we're ready to have some activity and get rid of this cabin fever!

I'm actually exhausted so I'm headed to bed. I have my first translation class tomorrow at 11:30. I'll let you know how it is! À tout à l'heure!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Vikings! Way to beat them Cowboys! lol It's strange how the French make better burgers than Americans. There was a tiny little burger shop in Nice that we went to and the burgers were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my quest for the world's best burger, I guess i now know where i need to travel to next.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday was not lazy woman! we went to chenonceau. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very true. I already said you went in my previous blog but I forgot to add it into this one too. My bad.

    ReplyDelete